Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tea Review - The Tea Table: Lychee Congou


Blend Name: Lychee (Lichee) Congou

What the company says: "Lichee Congou tea is made by combining fine China black tea with the exotic taste of lichee fruit, which adds an amazing fragrance and and natural sweetness. This tea is great hot, but just stunning as iced tea! Also great blended with either Earl Grey or Jasmine Yin Hao, then serve over ice."

Sweetener Used: None
Milk Used: None

Steeping Time: 3 minutes

Overall Opinion: I love Lychee, I have to say that first. This of course means that I had high hopes when trying this tea. The smell of the tea (in the tin) was really great. Very much the lychee I was hoping for. After steeping and the first sip, I found that the black tea is not overpowering at all. The lychee flavor is still very strong after brewing. The tea itself felt more like a green tea to me, most likely because I went for 3 minutes and not the full 5 that they tend to allow.
Even cold the tea is very light and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment