Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pooka Post: Homecoming

Today, just a bit of writing:
-----------------------------------------------
Shadow Grove was beautiful as always. The weather was gorgeous and the trees in the area shaded my cottage from the sun, making the day even nicer. Shadow Grove was home, no matter where Mab's whims sent me I could always return to Faerie and to the home of my heart.

I looked down to the roses that lined the front wall of the cottage, they were every color imaginable and dappled with the spots of sunlight that escaped from the leaves of the trees overhead. Some of the roses had come from the mortal realms and others yet came from Faerie itself. The trees around the cottage whispered in the breeze and I tilted my head back to listen to their song.

"You're home!" I heard his cheerful cry before he threw himself at me. I had to laugh as I gathered the canine creature into my arms. He looked like a mortal dog, a terrier to be exact. In truth neither of us knew what he really was.

"I've missed you too, Tobias." I scratched behind his ears and let him back down to the ground. I would joke how much of a mutt he was, we sometimes would sit in the gardens and try to figure out exactly what mix of fae was in his blood. It was our game.

He guarded Shadow Grove while I was away and he was my best friend no matter what court politics were underfoot.

"I see the roses are all in bloom." I commented and he padded over to inspect them.

"They weren't yesterday, they must have known you were coming back." His words made me get that happy warm feeling that so many mortals would talk about, I laughed.

"Must be. Come on, let's go inside... I have so many things to tell you about my adventures this time." As I walked towards the door of the cottage I couldn't help but whisper a word of thanks to anyone that would listen.

I was home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a smattering of the life of a Pooka Fae when not in the mortal realms. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment