Tuesday, October 4, 2011

BrethrenCon II

Let me start this blog post out by saying I love pirates. I love pirates quite a lot indeed!!!!

Which then means that I love Brethren Con... Cause well... It's full of pirates!


We had some amazing Boothies (the lovely Circa whom we all love, and Delrein who's new). That's all of our awesome merchandise too! CDs, shirts... shiny things.

We got to run around and play all day Saturday before our set. I got a really nifty SQUARE key from the Dealer's Room, caught up with some old friends and even had the chance to make new ones. 

Photo thanks to Brian D Reed of Ahsome photography


I had an amazing time there. After our set came the Kilt Blowing. Yes, I'm completely serious. They take men in kilts (who, might I add, volunteer for this) and they blow the kilts, Marilyn Monroe style. (Feel free to look it up on YouTube for video from Dragon*Con kilt blowings. None from BrethrenCon are up yet.)
Here's one of my favorite photos that I took. I know that the quality of the photo itself is weird- the lighting of the room was screwing with my camera :)

Not only was there kilt blowing, but it was from both sides with TWO leaf blowers! We're hardcore out here in Colorado!

I'm VERY excited for next year's BrethrenCon. It promises even MORE pirates, kilt blowing and great company. Keep an eye on The BrethrenCon Site for more info on next year's event as it becomes available. 








No comments:

Post a Comment